- initially generates a set of 6 default rooms the rooms and places incoming players in random rooms.
- synchronizes the client actions and continuously updates the status for all rooms. This is done by using the command synchronize on functions such as effectOf, which defines the effects of using crystals. Also certain objects are synchronized when modifying them.
- defines all the instructions and the effects of the interactions.
- runs the following threads:
- RMI threads to handle incoming method calls.
- A thread for checking dead players and removing them.
- A thread for generating crystals in all of the rooms.
- A thread for Gryphon so that it will attack anyone in the room.
- A thread for Unicron so that it will attack anyone in the room if it is attacked and becomes angry.
- A thread for each bot created.
1.1 JavaMudServer [JMS - 2000]
- Players register using a preferred alias
- Players can move between rooms that are connected by a door
- Crystals appear occasionally in the rooms throughout the MUD
- Players can pick up these crystals to store them for later use
- Players can use crystals from their store
- Some crystals serve to increase the healthLevel of the player
- Other crystals can be used as weapons agains other players or animals in the rooms
- Mystical Figures:
- The gryphon is an animal that, if provoked, will attack viciously
- The gryphon, if provoked, will become calm eventually
- Gryphon's behavior determined by finite state machine
- The phoenix can be used to get teleported to some random room
- Phoenix's behavior is largely consistent and unaffected
- The unicorn is an animal that, if provoked, will attack viciously
- The unicorn, if has been provoked, can be appeased/made calm
- Unicorn's behavior determined by finite state machine
1.2 JMS Extra features
- Messaging system
- Private messaging system
- Prompt dead players removal
- Inactive players detection and removal